We figured you might feel the same way. That's why we put our noses to the grindstone to assemble a tool to make your life easier—to help you focus your efforts on the substance of lawyering, not on the trivial bits.
Cite.ly is the product of graduates from the nation's top law schools, lawyers at the nation's top litigation boutiques, and alumni of clerkships on the federal district courts and federal courts of appeals. The tool is based on years of accumulated wisdom from near-constant composition of legal briefs and memoranda painstakingly drafted with the greatest care. It is equally the result of being forced to read others' poorly-proofread memoranda, briefs, and even published opinions.
We've created something special. Let us share it with you.
Cite.ly can fix more than one hundred kinds of citation errors. You will find out when you’ve
• misquoted case law;
• quoted case law correctly, but cited to the wrong page of an opinion;
• inserted or omitted a space, an asterisk, a comma, or a period in a citation;
• left out a pincite;
• misformatted a pincite;
• used an incorrect or misabbreviated reporter or court identifier;
• used misplaced (or missing) parentheses;
• used inconsistent captions for a case;
• used a short-form citation before the first long-form citation for a case;
• left out a case number for a Westlaw or Lexis database citation (e.g., "No. 2:13-cv-3922");
• or made numerous other kinds of errors.
We are always expanding Cite.ly's capabilities. We focus most of all on those features that are of interest to our existing customers.
• Humans aren’t perfect. Our world-class system relies on well-written software to detect errors in your briefs. Software doesn’t get tired, distracted, or confused. Our algorithms identify, in the blink of an eye, issues that the (talented, intelligent) humans who write or edit your brifes inevitably miss. Our legal staff then polishes things to perfection before sending them back to you.
• Your firm’s lawyers and paralegals have better, more interesting things to do. Most briefs are finalized in the last few hours available. Why distract from time you could spend on substance? With Cite.ly, you can refocus your attention on the most critical stuff. Let us focus on making sure your writing looks right. Your briefs will end up more persuasive and cleaner—and your paralegals and lawyers, who get to focus on more interesting work, will be happier.
• Our system has bright minds behind it. Our software is designed, written and tested by lawyers with J.D.s from Harvard Law and other top U.S. law schools. We tested our software with help from lawyers at Vault 100 firms to ensure that it will meet the needs of any litigator.
• We provide a 100% satisfaction money-back guarantee. If you’re not happy, we’re not happy.
• We assure you confidentiality. We do not provide legal advice, but as a vendor receiving attorney work-product before it is publicly filed, we are bound to keep your confidence.